A golden retriever is one of those dog breeds which look adorable as puppies and big dogs alike. This breed is lovable, gentle, playful and fierce (when they have to be). They are perfect to have around little children as well as babies. These dogs are very gentle and make your life beautiful just by their presence.
So when it comes to naming your golden retriever you should choose one which suits its personality. A cute, adorable and sweet name would be perfect for a golden retriever. You can take certain things into consideration before naming your dog.
These can range from the habits the dog possesses or the food he likes or the colour of the dog. The name of the dog can also be one which you like addressing your dog with. Another technique that some dog owners use is to choose the name that the dog responds to the best.
How to Choose The Perfect Name for your Retriever
The most prevalent Golden Retriever names are short, sweet and simple to state. People tend to pick something basic over a name muddled and loaded with syllables. There will be times when you have to rapidly get back to your pooch in broad daylight. It’s simpler to yell out something that is speedy and simple to state. In a similar view, ensure your canine’s name is something you’re open to broadcasting outside.
A few names which appear to be prominently clever at home can all of a sudden sometimes become humiliating in a jam-packed park!
On the off chance that you have little kids, pick a name that is simple for them to learn. That way they can help train your Goldie to react to their new name easily!
Some popular names that are easy to remember for kids and are pretty common yet cute are given below.
- Rusty: if your puppy is brown-ish this name is perfect for him.
- Charlie: from the chocolate factory has inspired many dog names.
- Bailey: if you’re fond of Irish coffee, you can name your dog this.
- Leo: if your dog is born in July or August name it Leo.
- Casper: it’s a common name for retriever
- Max: max is a super easy name to remember if you have kids.
- Buddy: If your dog is friendly, you can name him buddy.
- Hazel: if your dog has hazel coloured eyes name it Hazel.
- Daisy: if it’s a female retriever, you can name it Daisy.
- Sandy: if your dog likes to play in the sand you can name it Sandy.
Most Common Female Golden Retriever Names
Female Golden Retrievers can have classic feminine names. You can try to match the name with their personality. Female golden retrievers are generally lovable and friendly. They can sometimes be a little moody too.
The following names will suit your female retriever puppy. This doesn’t mean that these names won’t suit a male puppy. Honestly, dogs really don’t know the difference!
Some unique names for your Female Golden Retriever
Here is a list of names that are unique and you probably won’t find another retriever with the same name.
Some Male Retriever Names
Male Retrievers have a strong sense of attachment; they are very lovable and gentle. Some of them can be ferocious when a stranger tries to approach them or irritate them. They can sense danger and are smart. To suit this personality of a Golden Retriever here is a list of names for male retrievers.
Some Retriever dog names inspired by cartoon characters
Cartoon characters are children’s favourite so these names will be easy for your kids to remember, so if you have kids in your house, Golden Retrievers are the perfect dogs to have. They are friendly with kids. They are also playful and lovable towards kids.
- Bravo as in Jonny Bravo
- Ninja as in Ninja Turtle
Some Unusual and extremely cool Golden Retriever Names
The following names are filled with individuality. If your dog posses any of the following traits you could probably name them from the following names.
These names can be even be used if you wish your dog possessed these qualities. I’d call it ‘wishful name calling’.;)
- Sparky: if you think your dog is quick and agile, you could name him this.
- Amigo: if your dog is too friendly, this is the name for him.
- Summer: if your dog is warm towards everybody, this name should suit him.
- Storm: if your dog runs very fast you can choose to name him this.
- Elder: if your dog is caring, gentle and nurturing name him this.
- Mystic: if your dog is always up to something you secretly, this could be the name for her.
- Jin: if your dog is golden in colour, name it Jin. 😉 (It’s Chinese for golden.)
- Bananas: if your dog literally goes bananas meeting you, you could name them this.
- Rogue: if you think your dog is rough and tough, you could name it this.
- Shaggy: if your dog has really long hair that fall everywhere, you could name your retriever this.