Many pet parents are frequent travelers that do not want to leave their dog behind when they enjoy their vacations. Taking along the pet pal is tricky and one will need to plan and invest in suitable accessories for a safe and comfortable pet journey. A dog will always prefer a home-like comfortability when on a tour for a feeling of security and safety. A soft-sided dog crate is the best solution for such a confinement search.
This article will not only provide a complete insight into soft-sided crates but will also help new traveling furry pal parents in choosing the correct confinement partner for their pets for trips, traveling for work, vet visits, and so on.
What is a Soft side dog crate? Who can use one?
A soft-sided dog crate is a small, versatile, comfortable, and lightweight dog crate that makes it hassle-free for crate training the pet on the go. A soft-sided dog crate is a perfect option for pet parents whose pet as well as personal needs go hand in hand with the features included below:
- Work Well with Calm Dogs
Ideal furry friends that are suitable for using a soft-sided crate is calm and relaxed adult pooches that simply like to have their own space without much personal attention.
- Recommended for anxious pet pals
They’re are suitable for anxious furry pals who calm down when confined to a crate.
- Best matched for smaller dog breeds
Soft-sided dog crates are collapsible and less space confined. Hence are well suited for small to medium dogs over the larger dog breeds.
- Post-surgery pet care
The soft-sided crates are very comfortable and are the perfect option for dogs recovering from surgery as the chances of getting injured are high in a wire or plastic crate.
7 Best Soft Sided Dog Crate
#1: EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate
The EliteField 3-Door Soft Dog Crate has a classy look and features two large and three smaller mesh windows, and a highly durable strong steel tube; the crate cover is designed with a high quality durable 600D fabric and hex mesh fabric.
This foldable crate comes in five different size variants with 10 color options to choose from. One of the best features of this product is the locking zippers that confines mischievous pets inside.
Another standout feature is the presence of three doors for access and comes with two multi-storage pockets also for storing pet or personal accessories.
The other add on features include a free carrying bag, fleece bed, a handle and hand carrying straps, and an adjustable padded shoulder strap for many carrying options.
- Well ventilated and stylish
- Lightweight and durable
- Portable and easy to store
- Sized for dogs up to 60 pounds
- Locking zippers
- Three-door entry/exit
- Washable fleece bed
- Available in five different sizes and 10 color variants.
- Reviews suggest that the material smells like vinyl.
This Soft Crate comes in five sizes and five vibrant color variants. This crate is built up of water-resistant durable polyester and PVC material. The bottom cushion is made up of fleece for extra comfort.
This model features a top and side door that has a zipper closure. Four-sided breathable mesh windows not only keep the crate well-ventilated but also provides enough airflow.
The crate also features several pockets on the sides and is foldable for easy transportation as well as storage. A top handle and shoulder strap give one multiple option to transport the pup.
- Machine washable fleece bed.
- Roomy and sturdy
- Reinforced corners for increased durability.
- Suitable only for crate trained.
The Noz2Noz Soft-Krater portable crate is very comfortable to take on for any travel. This well-ventilated pet crate is a great option for both indoors as well as outdoors and is sized for pooches up to 40 pounds.
The crate can be easily set up with the aid of the push button tabs and couplers located in the steel frame tubes that allow the unit to be raised or collapsed within seconds and design also can be stored flat when not in use.
The lightweight design is constructed with a heavy-duty tight-weave mesh fabric and machine washable water-resistant base for quick and easy cleanup.
The add on feature of this crate is its rounded corners that not only help to protect the home and auto interior decor.
- Lightweight and sturdy.
- Easy to set up and foldable.
- Washable design.
- Not suitable for destructive dogs.
#4: 2PET Foldable Dog Crate
The 2PET Foldable Dog Crate is a lightweight, attractive, and portable crate. The crate has a top or front opening and is best suitable for dogs sized between 25 to 50lbs.
This soft-sided crate is constructed of a soft water-resistant fully removable, and machine washable Oxford 600D fabric cover. They also include a waterproof mat and a washable fleece cushion that serves as a crate bottom pad.
The crate comes in five different size variants and five vibrant colors. The mesh windows not only provide excellent ventilation but also enhance the pet’s visibility. This crate is escape-proof as the frontal portion is completely zippered. The add on bonus is that manufacturer donates a portion of each sale to charity.
- Easy assembling
- Flimsy material
The Go Pet Club Soft Crate portable, compact, lightweight kennels are constructed of water-resistant, heavy-duty polyester with a PVC backing. The four-sided screen mesh doors not only provide secure confinement but can also be adjusted for ventilation.
These portable pet homes are perfect for indoor, outdoor or travel usage. When folded, these pooch crates occupy less space. The crate features three-sided windows with roll-down cover and is also equipped with a removable floor pad for comfort.
- Water-resistant and sturdy.
- Adjustable ventilation.
- Compact and easy to store.
- Not suited for small young dogs and non-crate trained pups.
#6: Petsfit Travel Pet
The Petsfit soft crate is available in three sizes and two-color variants that are suitable for small to medium dogs. This travel dog crate is odorless and safe to protect one’s fido’s health. Two doors with rolled up top entrance for easy access. Lightweight, sturdy, and foldable secure pet crate.
Patented screw-in frame design holds the mesh in place and can be set up in minutes without the use of tools. The crate also comes with a removable and washable soft pad that gives the pet a comfortable and private place to rest. The mesh designs enhance the ventilation and secure zipper clips increase safety.
- Patented secure design
- Lightweight and foldable
- Tool-free assembly
- Washable base bottom.
- Not recommended for chewers.
The PetNation dog crate is the most pocket-friendly soft-sided crate option. This small, easy to carry crate has a cute with a bone cutout window. They are lightweight and can be assembled or reassembled without the aid of tools.
The crate is built up of a heavy-duty tight waterproof weaved mesh fabric that stretches across a steel frame skeleton for support and strength. The front and top doors allow for easier pet entry and exit and can be rolled up and secured open with an included fastening strap. The add on features include industrial-strength zippers and door latches that enhance pet safety and security.
This soft-sided crate is available in six size variants 16 to 36 inches and holds pets that weigh between 10 to 70lbs and two vibrant colors black and khaki that is easy to clean up.
- Six size variants and two vibrant colors
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable and Washable
- Great ventilation and pet view
- Quick setup
- The windows are not very big hence airflow restriction may occur
- Base mats need to be purchased separately.
Difference Between Soft and Wired Pet Crates
|Wired Crates||Soft Dog Crates|
|A wired crate primarily is built up of metal and predominantly comes with a single door. These can be folded down and have a removable plastic base tray.||Soft-sided, walled crates are best for dog lovers that do not want a kennel that resembles a cage. They are not only attractive but also are available in stylish and colorful variants that comfort the pets more easily.|
What are the features to consider before investing in a soft-sided crate?
The following factors need to be pondered while looking into investing for the perfect soft-sided dog kennel.
- Ventilation: A good soft-sided dog crate is built up of mesh or plastic windows or a combination of both. Mesh openings provide more ventilation in hot and humid weather. On the other hand, plastic windows protect one against rain or cold.
- Lightweight and durable: Choose a well-built yet lightweight framed soft-sided crate. This thin, metal pop-up frame resembles tent poles or a child’s parachute tunnel. In cases of the heavy framed crate, the chances of portability and transportation easiness become slim. Flimsy frame quality results in crate collapsing with tiny breezes. The ultimate key is to find an ideal balance.
- Visibility: Visibility depends on an individual pet. Some furry pals prefer their crate to be dark, quiet, and secure. While others like to be part of the action and prefer to see everything that is happening around them.
Most of the soft-sided crates have zippered or adjustable portions, that allows one to control the pet’s visibility depending on its mood or personality.
- Cushioned Base Mat: Invest or zero one a crate that comes with a cushioned base mat for extra pet comfort. The base mat selection will depend on the pet’s needs like older dogs tend to require more orthopedic materials and potty-problem dogs need waterproof and washable pads.
- Crate Size and Height: Invest in a crate post reading the manufacturer guidelines or manual for pet sizing. One should choose a crate that has room for the pooch to comfortably stand up and turn around. One should also look for a shoulder strap if the intention to carry their tiny dog’s crates along.
- Hassle-free Assembly: Most of the soft-sided crates are easy to assemble and some also do not require tools for assembly. Traveler pet parents are recommended to zero on soft pet crates that can be easily assembled or reassembled.
Dog soft crates are must-have travel accessories for any pet parent for any travel purpose. These are collapsible hence do not occupy much space when not in use.
One needs to not only ponder the dog’s requirements but also needs to check one’s budget before investing in a soft-sided crate since these are not constructed for enhanced strength and resistance.
This article has provided insights on the best and affordable pricing soft-sided crates with bevy features for the first time as well as traveling pet parents that are looking for feasible crates to invest in.
Happy traveling and parenting!!!