Shreds of evidence depict that the Mastiff is around for thousands of years and was used in dog fights for aristocrats or extra muscle on the battlefield in ancient Egypt to Rome and China. Later after world war-II, their existence was under threat. The modern-day’s Mastiffs hails from England. They are courageous, muscular, patient, affectionate, and are highly loyal. This loyalty makes them go to any extent to protect their loved ones. Hence experts recommend training and socializing this heavy breed from the puppy stage. Mastiffs are great companions if one has space to accommodate the large breed and are used to loud snores and drools.
Individuals or family that has recently or is planning to welcome a Mastiff home. This article will provide unique and popular naming ideas to fasten your name selection process. Read on.
How to choose Mastiff dog tags
Naming a dog is a tedious and exciting process post welcoming a dog into the family. The section below provides critical pointers that will aid in simplifying the tag selection process.
- Choose a tag that you appreciate.
- Evaluate the chosen name for a few days to see the pet’s comprehension.
- Prefer shorter over longer names for quicker pet grasping.
- Choose a name that begins with letters like D, T, or K with a sharp and unmistakable sound for better pooch comprehension.
- Refrain from naming the dog with names that resemble their training commands and orders.
- The pet’s breed’s legacy aid in name selection.
- Observe the pet for a day or two and choose their tags based on their personality, appearance, and character.
- Avoid changing adult dog names that one adopts. In unavoidable situations, choose one that sounds similar to the older one.
- Avoid the mainframe names till the pet comprehends their names, as this will confuse them at public places like a park or in the vet’s office.
50 Trending Mastiff names
The section below enlists popular names of the Mastiffs that are trending around the globe. Read on.
|Bella||French name meaning beautiful|
|Luna||Moon in Latin|
|Stella||Star in Latin|
|Nahla||Queen in African and water in desert in Arabic|
|Bailey||Agent of law|
|Lucy||English and French name meaning light|
|Maggie||English name meaning pearl|
|Zeus||Greek name means living|
|Tank||Big and strong|
|Beau||French name meaning beautiful|
|Hank||German name meaning home ruler|
|Thor||Norse origin meaning thunder|
|Rocco||German and Italian origin meaning rest|
Other trending Mastiff names
30 Mastiff Tags Inspired by Size
This heavy breed weighs between 120 to 230 lbs. A name inspired by their size is always a good bet.
30 Strong Mastiff Names
Mastiffs are gentle giants that are incredibly strong and muscular. The names enlisted are good prospects for naming them.
30 Sturdy Female Mastiff Names
The female Mastiff’s are not as sturdy as their male counterparts but are still big too. The list below suggests names for these 120-160lbs Mastiff.
30 Funny Mastiff Tags
One can associate this large and powerful breed with hilarious names inspired by a hulky television cast, silly words for huge, small dog names, massive creatures, and so on. Check out the list below for such funny suggestions.
30 Cute Mastiff Names
Good old-fashioned names will always never go out of trend. The names enlisted are great options for the good-natured dignified Mastiffs.
French Mastiff Names
Mastiff of French origin can be native French names. Any Mastiff can be named from the French language for a unique tinge.
Spanish Mastiff Names
Spanish names are also good naming options for Mastiffs. Check on to christen unique names.
New Mastiff guardians can choose a name enlisted above or use their imagination and create unique dog tags. But remember to wind up the pet’s name selection before 14 days of its addition into the family. Happy Parenting!!!!